Donald Trump returned to public engagements this weekend after completing his course of treatment.
According to his doctor Sean Conley, the President of the United States remains “stable” after “responding very well” to treatment.
Mr Trump would be tested for Covid-19 and not go out in public if he could still transmit the virus, a White House spokeswoman said.
Mr Trump said he was now “medication free” and had been retested for the virus.
“I have been retested and I haven’t even found out numbers or anything yet but I’ve been retested, and I know I’m at either the bottom of the scale or free,” he said.
Nine days after Mr Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis, he stood on a balcony at the White House and delivered an address to a crowd of a few hundred black supporters.
He spoke for 18 minutes, without coughing, and appeared well.
He said: “I’m feeling great. We got to vote these people [Democrats] into oblivion, get rid of them.”
The Trump campaign announced on Friday that the President’s first rally since his illness would take place on Monday in Florida, a critical battleground state which he won in 2016.
Mr Trump left hospital on October 5, after his doctors cleared him for discharge from the Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre.
Back at home he took to Facebook and Twitter to claim that “many people every year, sometimes over 100,000”, die from seasonal flu.